On pondering what I want to keep in my wardrobe and cherish for the years to come, whilst thinking about what I’d like to cull, I decided to go through my Instagram and collate non work outfits that I really loved.
You know, things I actually loved to wear and why I loved wearing them.
Of course there are outfits I loved back then but I wouldn’t wear now, so this time I haven’t included those. Maybe my next post could Include a bit of that!
So let’s take a trip back,
The year of no eyebrows and bright hair. I loved my hair like this and would still do it today if I wasnt so scared my hair would fall out!
The key features I like in this photo style wise are
- The blazer ,right, so I’m still on a mission to find the perfect blazer for me. I used to wear this one all the time. And I loved it. Nice smart alternative to other jackets for weddings etc.
- Statement jewellery, so I do wear lots of this now, still! Long may it continue.
My aesthetic was, of course, long hair dont care, and this kaftan was strategically falling off the shoulder. In reality this outfit was so put together in my style, I actually love it and would wear it now. 3 of my fave things make this outfit what it is.
- Black skinnies #aclassic!
- Pointed boots I’ve recently started to wear these again, my love for them never died!
- A statement belt. I really like this western style and I still wear this one. Something I want to incorporate more into the wardrobe!
Oh and this scarf. I bloody loved this scarf. I lost it in the club. One day I’ll find a worthy replacement but I distinctly remember making all my friends trapse back to the club to find it and ringing the next day to see if it had turned up.
I’m pretty sure it was taken. Well I know who you are, I’ll find you, and I’ll kick your ass. #takenreference.
Ahh the chop of the hair. So this is early 2017. Lots of
- Scarves to obviously shield my cold neck. Always loving this!
- Denim I worked at Gap at this time and lived in denim. I wish I had kept this little denim dress because I still have the belt and scarf and I bloody love the combo.
- Statement lipstick , again, I’m loving wearing a strong lip and I’m not mad at it!
- Floaty dresses and trainers a Combo that will never die. And I’m glad!
To my summer wardrobe:
Not going to lie, I felt like my summer wardrobe was strong this year.
- Jumpsuits came into play this year and
- Colourful dressing really excited me.
This year of course I’ll keep it colourful, but I want to try and invest more in forever pieces rather than pieces I can solely wear in summer. I want to try mixing some of these pieces with blazers and jumpers to ensure these well loved in summer bits dont leave me with a fair weather wardrobe.
To more recently,
These 3 are giving me the proud and comfortable vibes more than I’ve felt in a while. The last two really feel like me outfits and this is something I really want to home in on.
I feel like my style is a mix of quirky scandi (think simple with statement accessories and lots of street wear) and boho vibes (think gig wear, beach wear and florence and the machine) and this is something I want to lock down in 2019 and beyond.
So I hope you enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane with me. I might even do a YT video on this and make it a style investigation series. Let’s get this pinned down for 2019 and release the true me.